What is 101 in 1001?
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific and documented. (I’m going to shoot for a photo of each, but some will be harder than others to photograph, I imagine.)
Start Date: January 8th, 2014
End Date: October 5th, 2016
- celebrate ‘me’ with an all day spa day (mani, pedi, facial, massage)
grow my blog’s twitter followers to 1,000 (as of 01/08/14, currently at 115)Completed on 7/20/14 grow my instagram followers to 500 (as of 01/08/14, currently at 101) Completed on 7/1/14
- take Rigby on a hike
- take Rigby to a flyball try out
- re-design my personal website
re-design my blog move from tumblr to wordpress or blogger (know which one and why? halp!) start a facebook fan page for this blog and get to 300 likes (ok honestly, i don’t really care about ~numbers~, but its just you know, a measure of me making an effort.)Completed in June 2014 sponsor 5 blogs(jade + oak in april 2014, living in yellow in may 2014, because of jackie may 2014, always ashten in may 2014, helene in between in may 2014)
- bake 5 different recipes and post them here
- cook at least 5 different recipes and post them (1 smoothies)
- read 150 books (
my goal for 2014 is 100) try hot yogatried it with ClassPass! travel somewhere out of the countryVisited The Bahamas.
- travel somewhere out of the continental US
- go to the top of the space needle
- ride the train somewhere (not the bus “train” but an actual train)mo
attend a blog conferenceI’ve attended a few workshops, and The Hundred Event
- hot tub in the snow
- take a knife skills class at sur la table or a different cooking class
attend a fashion showsee style blooms runway show
- successfully complete one “no buy” month of clothing/shoes/accessories for myself
clean out my closet and have a clothing swap with bloggers or IRL friends, or both!Shop My Closet was born!
- go on a spur of the moment trip, where the location is decided the night before and is more than 2 hours away from home.
- have a fort party in our living room
- design a personal project for fun
be on time (in before 9am) every day to work for a week
- participate in another 5k
- go on a picnic.
eat at a diner’s, drive-ins, and dives restaurantAte at the Eleventh Street Diner in Miami
- go to a dentist and get my wisdom teeth removed (eek!)
- watch 10 movies off the 250 best movies of all time list during the 1001 days (1 It’s a Wonderful Life, 2 Psycho, 3 The Shining, 4 The Big Lebowski, 5 Fargo, 6 Wolf of Wall Street, 7 Mary & Max, 8 Grand Budapest Hotel, 9 Gone Girl)
buy an investment pair of black pumpsBought these Corso Como Pumps
- wear a dress every day to work for one week
spend an entire day reading
- watch the first star wars movie all the way through without falling asleep
- watch the lord of the rings (I’ve never seen it)
- see a new Broadway show
- make a pie entirely from scratch, including the crust
- take a photo, every day for an entire month
- host a board games party
- skip fast food for a month
- have a fondue night
- ride a horse
- try Ethiopian food
- exercise every day for one week for at least 30 minutes
invest in a classic handbag.Bought this Rebecca Minkoff bag.
- take a dance class
- organize my iTunes
see a new cirque du soleil performanceSaw Kurios.
- Run a mile without stopping
- go to a murder mystery dinner
- prepare a meal using only (major) ingredients found at a farmer’s market.
- Pick out three new lipsticks at a makeup counter, for fun
- Pick a new fragrance on a whim
- Go somewhere just to take photos
- complete a teeth whitening kit.
Learn a new craft skillTook a calligraphy class
ead no emails for one whole day.
- spend a night in a hotel that’s not more than 60 minutes from home, just for funsies.
- try 5 new donut places in seattle
- visit a new landmark
- eat asian food in a new city
- only buy clothes/accessories from thrift stores for one month.
- make soft pretzels + beer cheese dip.
- visit 3 museums
- ride the seattle great wheel
- start and finish our living room remodel
- start and finish the same book in a day
Cook a holiday mealHosted Christmas brunch in 2014
- bake a multi-layer cake.
- complete a random act of kindness. (pay for someone’s meal, coffee, leave a big tip, etc)
- donate at least $25 to 5 different charities. (1 SIRA 2 Goodwill of Seattle 3 Make-A-Wish)
get my hair did.Seven Salon helped me out with this one! go to an author or celebrity event and have them sign something or take a photo.see meeting SJP at Nordstrom get my passport
- Try a new beauty treatment
- go on a seattle food tour.
- keep the house clean and keep up with chores for a week
have a portrait of Dave, Rigby, and me taken.Does this one count?
- set up a swap on my blog to send people fun things in the mail, because really, who doesn’t love mail?
- volunteer my time.
take a photo booth photo. This one at Dave’s company holiday party!
- go to 5 concerts. (1 ben gibbard)
make a new friend.
- write a new list of 101 things
rate 100 books on Goodreads. make s’mores over a fire.
- explore a neighborhood in seattle on foot for an afternoon.
go on a boat.Took the ferry to Lummi Island
- visit 3 new states. (1 Florida)
- wear an entire outfit that someone else picked out for me.
- have high tea with my mom.
try 5 new food items.(1 trout / 2 pollock / 3 kumquat / 4 Gooseberries / 5 Okinwan Sweet Potato )
- have real flowers in my home and keep them alive for a week. :P
try 20 new restaurants.(1 Lil John / 2 Canlis / 3 Tavolata / 4 Peyrassol Cafe / 5 Willow’s Inn / 6 Mount Bakery Cafe / 7 Bolivar / 8 Eleventh Street Diner / 9 Alma Mexicana / 10 Dunkin Donuts / 11 Chick Fil A / 12 Cafe Rio / 13 Red House / 14 Las Olas Cafe / 15 Cafe Orleans – Disneyland / 16 Odd Fellows Cafe & Bar / 17 Tutta Bella / 18 Roll Roll Roll Sushi / 19 Kimchi Amigos / 20 Cafe Brazil )
- make ice cream and fro yo with my cuisinart.
- make homemade greek yogurt with my yogurt maker.
join a new meetup group and go to a meeting. Went to the SBUMeetup at Trophy Cupcake
- cook something in the crock pot.
32 / 101 completed
Will you participate in the 101 things in 1001 days challenge?