So I made a mistake. On Friday, I wore my 4”+ Enzo Angiolini pumps to that holiday party I wrote about yesterday. My feet were still hurting last night. Oy vey.
So after that, I vowed to never make that mistake again. I spent most of the day Saturday researching pumps that are comfortable without being too grandma and began ordering away.
Since I imagine that I am not the only one in the world with this problem, I’m determined to find my perfect (or as close to perfect!) pump. So let’s get to business.
- Comfortable for standing for short and long periods of time
- At least 3” heel, cuz this girl needs all the help she can get in the height department
- Black, preferably plain leather but am willing to try patent too. Bonus points for additional colors/materials/patterns!
- Appropriate to wear to an interview (conservative), to work (casual), or to a cocktail party (dressy)
- Simple design, no studs or funky stuff, these have to go with anything
The 10 Black Pumps I will be ordering for your viewing and reading pleasure:
1 / Rockport Edessa $140
Ok, I know, Rockport is known for more ~mature~ type shoes, but they have Adidas technology to “make these as comfy as sneakers”. I’ll be the judge of that one.
2 / Ivanka Trump Janie $100
These look pretty perfect. They also come in other patterns/colors.
3 / Kate Spade Karolina $299
These look almost exactly like the Janie, but are made in Italy. Both come in alternative patterns and colors.
5 / Coach Nala $158
6 / Corso Como Del $129
I like the suede option here. It does come in patent too.
7 / Rockport Seven to 7 Plain Pump $140
8 / Nine West Gramercy $60
The cheapest by far, and the one that comes in the most colors.
9 / Cole Haan Chelsea $299
10 / THE ULTIMATE: Louboutin Simple 85mm $625
This one breaks the bank, but a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.
Can’t wait to report back to you guys with photos and details with what I’ve found. Wish me luck!
Which heel is your favorite? Do you already own the perfect black pumps?