Remember when I mentioned that I may try to challenge myself to a “low-buy” and actually budget how much I spend on clothing, beauty products, and accessories? Welp, it’s March. I’m taking the dive.
Here are my rules:
– Things that I have already signed up for do not count towards the total (I currently have Rocksbox ($19), Julep ($20), and Birchbox ($10) delivered monthly)
– Anything I sell (clothing, shoes, accessories, whatever) adds to my budget.
– Whatever is earned or saved can roll over to the next month (so say I spend $100, I would have an additional $50 in the Bank of Jenn the next month.)
– Purchasing gifts or giveaway items for the blog do not count, since its not for me
– Gift cards, credit card rewards, etc. do not count against my total budget since they do not come from of my personal savings.
– To consider my purchases even more than I already do.
– To save money.
– To feel less “wasteful” in the amount of things I own and don’t use/wear
– To be challenged!
I see a lot of wishlist-making, pinterest stalking, and cart abandoning in my future.
Have you ever participated in a no-buy or low-buy? How did it go? Any tips or tricks for me on how to survive?!